Saturday, July 12, 2008

Trip to the Hospital

Yesterday I had a lot of discomfort and intense pain in my lower abdomen region for most of the day. It grew progressively worse throughout the day while I was at work. Needless to say, I had to call the doctor from work, but due to the fact it was Friday (he doesn't work on Fridays since he's Seventh Day Adventist) I got the on-call doctor who informed that I had to be seen as soon as possible and checked for pre-term labor.

However, Feather River Hospital has been closed for days now due to the fire in the canyon, so I had to go Enole Hospital in Chico. I wasn't too thrilled about that since I prefer to go to FRH since we knew it was going to be a mad house since everyone in the county who does not have insurance goes there and since FHR was closed, it has been swamped down there.

I guess there's some perks to being pregnant because they saw me right away. I didn't have to sit in the packed waiting room that had 50+ people. In fact, I didn't even have to go the ER. They took me straight to the Maternity/OB ward, where I had a private room and they ran some tests on me and checked Mia for any distress. We had a heart monitor on her for about 20 minutes and got to listen to her heartbeat while they logged her heart beats, which were really strong by the way.

Needless to say, nothing too serious is going on. It turns out they think all the pressure and pain that I was feeling was due to Round Ligament Pain, which is common during this time in pregnancy. The on-call doctor still decided to come down to Chico to check on me. He seems to think that I should no longer be working due to all the problems I've been having and he wrote me an open ended note for work until I can get the disability papers in the works.

So now I'm supposed to spend the next few days resting. We'll see how that goes since some days it's hard for me to settle down.

0 comments:

 
blog template by suckmylolly.com